Saturday, September 4, 2010

May 7, 2020


Just had enough gas to get into Oklahoma. It was a walk from there. I felt like a camel dragging along a couple of those bags. It was a scary walk because it was nothing but road and fields. Nowhere to hide. As usual didn’t sleep much. I stopped at the first house I found. I approached with caution. Before I got up to the house, what did I find? The owner sitting in the field. It was odd, but he was actually working like nothing was going on. I tried talking to him, but he has turned out not to be much of a talker. He didn’t object to me staying with him as long as I did most of the work. I guess he was tired of maintaining the farm by himself for so long. That’s ok. As long as he doesn’t think I am a slave. Not going through that again. So I have unpacked some of those bags, and made myself comfortable. I am going to keep an eye on my new friend though. Hopefully we can work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment