Saturday, August 28, 2010

April 25, 2020

On the road to Oklahoma. What a struggle. Zombies didn’t make it easy. They were all over the place. It was a game of hide and seek. A few got too close for comfort, but I was able to get away. One of them must have been a football player because it surprised the shit out of me, and tackled me. Usually I have some type of weapon with me, but not this time. It was just one on one. Until I pulled out one of my pens that was in my pocket instead of inside my bag. I was able to get it out, and stab that creature. The only place I could hit it was in the side of the head. Ended up barely pinning his earlobe to his head. Note- lucky to have the pen, but doesn’t make the best weapon. It did faze him enough to knock him off of me. Their skin is nasty. It almost melts off of them and onto you when you hit them. It was really hard struggling with it, and not swallowing any of the nastiness that was dripping off of it. Anyway I got to my feet, and then picked up a chair. I whacked him in the head, and then kicked him through the sliding glass door. Then I decided what a better time then now to run a little experiment. I hit him again with the chair, and used it to shove him into the dark pool. Sink or drown? It actually was doing a good doggy paddle like Jack used to do, but it never made it to the shallow end. And I thought the pool was nasty before the zombie fell in it. I usually stand by the theory that it is better to run away when I get the chance, but I thought it might come in handy to know if they can swim. So if I die, and you are reading this right now, try pushing them into water. I know it was just one of them, but maybe it will work on others. So back to the point. After that encounter, I moved down a few houses, and found this really old Expedition. Most people stopped using anything that wasn’t a hybrid after gas got too expensive. These owners stopped using it because they were dead. Apparently they were about to leave, but the zombies got to them first. A guy, or the left overs of a guy, was all around the door to the garage. A woman’s arm was hanging from the car’s door handle. That was the only thing of her remaining except for a trail of blood leading out a side door to the garage. They had bags in the back, which I just went through the other day. The bags were just a bonus. I wanted the car, and took it before another zombie surprised me. With the keys still in it, I took the Expedition, and I used my new map to find my way out of Texas. I should have enough gas to get me to Oklahoma, which is now only a few miles away. I really just wanted to write down where I’m going and look at everything I just wrote. It’s hard when there is no one to talk to but yourself. I always feel like I have heard that story before though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment