Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mar. 4, 2020

I drove as far as that car would take me, and then I found the next, and the next, and the next. I don’t think anyone followed me. It was like I broke out of jail. I tried to take a route that they hadn’t gone down, but I knew I wasn’t safe until I found areas that weren’t cleaned out. I finally found some stuff to eat and drink, and get me on the way. I have no idea what I left behind. If anyone survived, I’m sure they would hunt me down just like they hunted those zombies. I can’t look back now, I just have to move forward or everything I did will be for nothing. I wish I knew what was going on out there in the world. Radios and TVs don’t work. Phones neither. I try when I find them, but no luck. The last time I saw TV was a news piece at a hospital. It started off well, but then went horribly wrong. The reporter was interviewing a guy in bed when all of the sudden a guy came flying out from the curtain behind them, and jumped on the guy. He started biting and clawing at him. The reporter tried to be brave and jump in there to save him, but that was a mistake. The reporter got thrown off the bed, and he slammed his head against the side of the table. Probably broke his neck. What I never understood was why the cameraman kept shooting. Or why they kept showing the craziness. They didn’t stop until the zombie apparently took out the cameraman. The last thing I saw was a view from the camera on the floor shooting the feet of the zombie running into the hallway. I heard one last scream, but they went back to the studio. Wow, those were two stunned newscasters. For once, they didn’t know what to say. Like me sometimes. Being all alone. Sometimes there is nothing to say. I just stare at the wall, at the sky, or into the distance. Nothing to say, do, or think. Sometimes nothing to even write about. I just stare at the page. Or sometimes I just try not to think about all the horrible things that have happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment